Cyclocosmia sp or also commonly known as Chinese Hourglass Trapdoor Spider is a type of trapdoor spider that have bizarre looking butt that look like ancient Chinese stamp.
They are easily distinguished from each other by the pattern of the abdominal disk, the number of hairs on its seam, and the shape of the spermathecae. They have abdomens that are abruptly truncated, ending in a hardened disc that is strengthened by a system of ribs and grooves.They use this to clog the entrance of their burrow when being threatened, a phenomenon called phragmosis. The disks have strong spines around the edge, and they each have four spinnerets just anterior to it. The posterior, retractable spinnerets are particularly large.
Cyclocosmia ricketti can reach as big as 1.1 inch long for females with a disk diameter of 16mm. The depth of their burrow is around 7 to 15 cm and only the bottom portion of the burrow is silk lined.
- Price above are website exclusive only.
- Size range are for referencing purpose only, size vary by environment, nutrition and gender.
- Dwarf / Tiny / Arboreal species are not entitled for LAG in sling and juvie stages.
- Fragile species are not entitled for LAG in all stages.
- Female in all sizes are charged double of listed price.
- All specimen availability is based on first come first-served, while stocks last basis.
- #OOS: Out of Stock
- #NFS: Not for Sale
- #PRE: Pre-Order
- Disclaimer: Photos are for identification and study purposes only.
- Scorpo Hunter reserves the right to change the pricing, terms & conditions without prior notice.
IG: Scorpo Hunter
Online Store: https://scorpohunter.com/
Shopee: Scorpo Hunter
We will list new product on weekly basis.
All transaction gains are fundraising for collection expansion purposes.