Grammostola pulchra or commonly known as the Brazillian Black is a species of tarantula (family Theraphosidae), native to Brazil. It is known for its solid black body, which makes it an appealing tarantula for the pet trade.
The mature specimens of this species of tarantula are almost entirely black. The Brazilian black is a slow grower, taking up to eight years to reach maturity, reaching up to 18 cm (7 in). As with all tarantulas, females of this species will almost always outlive males by many years.
Although like most new world tarantulas it possesses urticating hairs, if provoked, they would much rather flee than attack. Their venom is not as irritating as many other species of tarantulas. As a juvenile in captivity, this species tends to burrow when given the opportunity. They thrive on mealworms, crickets, roaches, and other small insects.
The species is desirable in the pet trade because of the females' long lifespan and reputation for being docile and gentle in temperament, as well as for its appealing dark coloration. These traits make them rather expensive when buying from a breeder. It is said to have a reduced tendency to kick urticating hairs off when handled, which adds to its desirability as a pet.
In Tarantula life cycle, there is only eggs, spider-ling and adult.
However for pricing convenience, this is a personal rule of thumb, obviously this varies on the species of tarantula.
1. Sling (1cm~2cm)
2. Juvenile (2cm~7cm)
3. Sub adult (7cm~10cm)
4. Adult (10cm~12cm+)
It varies on species as some adults may only reach a few centrimeters while others may get (20cm~25cm+)
- Price above are website exclusive only.
- Size range are for referencing purpose only, size vary by environment, nutrition and gender.
- Dwarf / Tiny / Arboreal species are not entitled for LAG in sling and juvie stages.
- Fragile species are not entitled for LAG in all stages.
- Female in all sizes are charged double of listed price, gender ID are based on best effort and Scorpo Hunter shall not be held liable for any different outcome upon sold out.
- All specimen availability is based on first come first-served, while stocks last basis.
- #OOS: Out of Stock
- #NFS: Not for Sale
- #PRE: Pre-Order
- Disclaimer: Photos are for identification and study purposes only.
- Scorpo Hunter reserves the right to change the pricing, terms & conditions without prior notice.
IG: Scorpo Hunter
Online Store: https://scorpohunter.com/
Shopee: Scorpo Hunter
We will list new product on weekly basis.
All transaction gains are fundraising for collection expansion purposes.