Checkout the detail steps below:
Triops longicaudatus (commonly called American tadpole shrimp or tadpole shrimp) is a freshwater crustacean of the order Notostraca, resembling a miniature horseshoe crab.
It is characterized by an elongated, segmented body, a flattened shield-like brownish carapace covering two thirds of the thorax, and two long filaments on the abdomen.
The genus name Triops comes from Ancient Greek ὤψ or ṓps, meaning "eye" prefixed with Latin tri-, "three", in reference to its three eyes. Longicaudatus is a Latin neologism combining longus ("long") and caudatus ("tailed"), referring to its long tail structures.
Triops longicaudatus is found in freshwater ponds and pools, often in places where few higher forms of life can exist. Like its relative Triops cancriformis, the longtail tadpole shrimp is considered a living fossil because its basic prehistoric morphology has changed little in the last 70 million years, exactly matching their ancient fossils. Triops longicaudatus is one of the oldest animal species still in existence.
- Price above are website exclusive only.
- Size range are for referencing purpose only, size vary by environment, nutrition and gender.
- All triops are not entitled for LAG in all stages, however extra unit were given upon purchase in set.
- All specimen availability is based on first come first-served, while stocks last basis.
- Disclaimer: Photos are for identification and study purposes only.
- Scorpo Hunter reserves the right to change the pricing, terms & conditions without prior notice.
IG: Scorpo Hunter
Online Store: https://scorpohunter.com/
Shopee: Scorpo Hunter
We will list new product on weekly basis.
All transaction gains are fundraising for collection expansion purposes.