#CTTO My Monster
Xenesthis immanis (Ausserer/1875), also known as the “Colombian Lesserblack”, is a very stunning bird spider due to its size and coloration from Bogota, Colombia, clothed with deep olive-black woolly hairs on mature species. Especially mature males are shining stars with their bright and colorful appearance.
It is a relatively large spider with a body length reaching 6–7 cm and a length width reaching 19-22 cm. It frequently displays a commensal or mutualistic relationship with the microhylid frog Chiasmocleis ventrimaculata. The relationship described is one where the spider may protect the frog and its eggs from predators while the frog protects the spider's eggs from ants. It has also been observed closely associating with Hamptophryne boliviana, another microhylid.
As in Megaphobema spp. and Pamphobeteus spp. spiders from genus Xenesthis lack stridulating organs at the base of the pedipalps and the first leg. People easily confuse Xenesthis spp. with Pamphobeteus spp, due to the fact they appear to be the same by the typical purplish-red patches behind the eyes on the carapace. Nevertheless both genera are easily distinguished by the scopula pads on leg 4. All Xenesthis spp. show a larger scopula pad on the inner side of the fourth leg’s femur.
In Tarantula life cycle, there is only eggs, spider-ling and adult.
However for pricing convenience, this is a personal rule of thumb, obviously this varies on the species of tarantula.
1. Sling (1cm~2cm)
2. Juvenile (2cm~7cm)
3. Sub adult (7cm~10cm)
4. Adult (10cm~12cm+)
It varies on species as some adults may only reach a few centrimeters while others may get (20cm~25cm+)
- Price above are website exclusive only.
- Size range are for referencing purpose only, size vary by environment, nutrition and gender.
- Dwarf / Tiny / Arboreal species are not entitled for LAG in sling and juvie stages.
- Fragile species are not entitled for LAG in all stages.
- Female in all sizes are charged double of listed price, gender ID are based on best effort and Scorpo Hunter shall not be held liable for any different outcome upon sold out.
- All specimen availability is based on first come first-served, while stocks last basis.
- #OOS: Out of Stock
- #NFS: Not for Sale
- #PRE: Pre-Order
- Disclaimer: Photos are for identification and study purposes only.
- Scorpo Hunter reserves the right to change the pricing, terms & conditions without prior notice.
IG: Scorpo Hunter
Online Store: https://scorpohunter.com/
Shopee: Scorpo Hunter
We will list new product on weekly basis.
All transaction gains are fundraising for collection expansion purposes.