Sicarius thomisoides is a species of spider in the family Sicariidae, found in Chile. It is the type species of the genus Sicarius. Its correct name has been the source of confusion. It has often been known by the synonym Sicarius terrosus, a name which has also often been used incorrectly for other species.
It can grow between 12 and 20 mm in length, lives in desert areas of northern and central Chile and has nocturnal habits, building shelters under rocks on sandy substrate in northern Chile, it is extremely common in urban regions with a lot of household waste.
A recent study showed that the species S. thomisoides has active sphingomyelinase D, which has effects and intensity similar to that of the dangerous Chilean recluse spider (Loxosceles laeta).
The venom is capable of causing complement-dependent hemolysis and cytotoxic activity against human skin fibroblasts in concentrations of 10 µg, and 50 µg induces progressive dermonecrosis, basically induces hemolysis, cytotoxicity and dermonecrosis. Therefore, like Sicarius ornatus and Loxosceles laeta, S. thomisoides fulfils the toxic parameters to cause damage in humans.
- Price above are website exclusive only.
- Size range are for referencing purpose only, size vary by environment, nutrition and gender.
- Dwarf / Tiny / Arboreal species are not entitled for LAG in sling and juvie stages.
- Fragile species are not entitled for LAG in all stages.
- Female in all sizes are charged double of listed price.
- All specimen availability is based on first come first-served, while stocks last basis.
- #OOS: Out of Stock
- #NFS: Not for Sale
- #PRE: Pre-Order
- Disclaimer: Photos are for identification and study purposes only.
- Scorpo Hunter reserves the right to change the pricing, terms & conditions without prior notice.
IG: Scorpo Hunter
Online Store: https://scorpohunter.com/
Shopee: Scorpo Hunter
We will list new product on weekly basis.
All transaction gains are fundraising for collection expansion purposes.